This past October, the Catholic Church canonized Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha and she is now a saint! We have planned an exciting pilgrimage to her shrines near Albany, New York and Montreal, Canada. St. Kateri was a Native American from the seventeenth century who lived during an amazing time in history when the North American continent was being explored by the Europeans. St. Kateri was converted by Jesuit missionaries and lived a life of simplicity and devotion to Christ in the midst of a changing world.
Her Feast Day will be celebrated at the St. Kateri Tekawitha Shrine in Fonda, New York, on July 14. We will be joining many other pilgrims in traditional Mohawk Territory where she lived until the age of 20. Then she moved to a mission near Montreal where she died at the age of 24. We will follow her footsteps and visit her tomb.
We will be driving by motor coach round trip from St. John the Baptist in New Brighton, Minnesota with Fr. Michael Skluzacek and Fr. Joseph Gallatin.
- Daily Mass
- See Niagara Falls
- Visit 3 Shrines of St. Kateri and the North American Martyrs
- Stop at the Grotto of Lourdes at Notre Dame
- Teaching by Emily Cavins, biographer of St. Kateri Tekakwitha
- Visit Iroquois archeological sites
- Optional city tour of Montreal
- Bring donations to Native American school children
- Spiritual insights from Fr. Skluzacek, Fr. Gallatin and Jeff Cavins
- Adults: $1700 per double occupancy
- Children (18 and under with 2 adults): $1350
- Single Supplement: $500
Registration open now! Call Travel Agent Bonnie Lane 952-474-0903, firstname.lastname@example.org